Monday, October 10, 2011

Wall Decor

Alright, so here's a project I'd been meaning to do since I got home from school. In May. Whoops. I guess unemployment has a way of making you catch up with things you should've been doing (like cleaning... my room is so clean now, it's weird). So anyways, when I was younger, my dad gave me a map of Middle Earth (from the Lord of the Rings, I come from nerd stock) that I put up on the wall above my bed. I think I got it when I was maybe 12 or 13. And I've wanted to change it every year since I started college, but it never really seemed worth it to do on break. But, I guess at this point, I'm not on break anymore... well we'll say an extended break at home. So, it seemed like time to finally take down that old, faded poster and put up something a little updated. Here's my wall before (but after the poster):


I decided to do a photo montage of some of my favorite pictures in both black and white and color. It took me awhile to figure out the details of everything, but eventually, I got them all framed and up on the wall. So, here's how it looks now:



I wanted to make sure that the layout left the option to add more pictures and didn't look too planned (I tried to avoid a central point and blatant symmetry) and I think it worked out pretty well! Let me know what you think :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I made a couple pictures... and my favorite is up there =) I've been meaning to do that for forever but can't narrow down the pictures/don't have time. Come live with me and be my crafter? <3 Erin

    ReplyDelete