Friday, October 7, 2011

DIY- projects I made

Since I've had exorbitant amounts of free time lately, I've been getting into crafting. I really need to learn how to sew, that would make lots of projects possible. But I digress. Before I started this blog, I made a few things.

1. I realized that I ended up only wearing two or three necklaces when I have about a million. And my earrings were an organizational disaster. Plus I don't even know where my bracelets went. So I figured I should organize all of that. I looked online (isn't Google a wonderful thing?) and got ideas by clicking around. Then I went to Michael's and my Dad's toolbox for my supplies. I used:
- wooden unfinished frame from Michael's
- screen that I found in my garage
- black and clear gloss spray paint
- hooks from my Dad's stash of hardware stuff
- staple gun

First I used the staple gun to staple the screen to the frame. Then I ransacked by Dad's supply of hooks and screwed them in across the top and bottom. Finally, I spray painted everything black then clear gloss (after letting the black dry overnight). Then I put my jewelry in it so it looks like this now:


My necklaces are on the hooks across the outer top and all across the bottom and my bracelets are on the top middle hooks (so you can still see the earrings below it). My earrings are organized in the middle screen section. The only thing is that you can't put stud earrings in, because you wouldn't be able to get them out, but thats ok since I wouldn't be able to fit all of my earrings anyways.


2. There's this great blog called Honestly WTF and they have a great DIY section. There's this bracelet that they made that I loved, so I decided to make it also. Supplies were: a gold link bracelet (that I found at Goodwill on a bargain hunting adventure), embroidery thread (that I'm sure we all have from our friendship bracelet days) and 2 bobby pins (another staple in any girl's life). That's it! And I think they do a really good job of explaining it, so I'm not going to (also because while it's not hard to do, it is kind of complicated to describe...), but here's how mine turned out:



So, I think both of my projects turned out pretty well! Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment