A few weeks ago, my mom and I went and got pedicures together. We both went out of our comfort zone: she got dark purple and I got sparkles. Well, after a few weeks, our toes were looking a little worse for wear. So we decided to make a Target run and get some nail polish to touch up. My mom found a great color that matched almost perfectly. I didn't fare as well. However, I did pick up a black color by Sally Hansen and a sparkly polish (I'd been meaning to get black for awhile and then I got the very last Nicole Make a Comet-ment bottle. It was seriously calling my name.) I played around with the sparkles by itself (too much, maybe for spring) and over a few colors (pink and red were alright, but not for fall). The ones that worked out were black (below) and my mom's purple (above). I put the purple on my fingers since I think it's a little more subtle and the black on my toes (one layer each). Then I put one layer of Make a Comet-ment on my fingers and toes, followed by one coat of top coat.
I'm new to this photographing my nails thing so bear with me, but I think I did an alright job. If you look close in the pictures, you can see all the different holographic colors in Make a Comet-ment. I absolutely fell in love with this nail color when I saw my nails in the sun - it's like having a rainbow on each nail! Even with the dark colors underneath, the sparkles were still the main event. And I love that you can pair it with several colors, makes it so versatile and easy to work with.
What do you think? Do you have a different nail polish obsession?
Typically, I tend to just use the "invisible" color of nail polish. It think it suits me better. The sparkles are a little much for me, methinks. lol
ReplyDeleteLove and want. Come to Boston and do my nails? Also still haven't tried shatter. But I did get paid today, so maybe a splurge is in order...Also if I read your blog regularly will you dedicate a post to me?
ReplyDelete