
On the left is all of us in front of Pike's Peak (the local 14er, which for you non-Coloradoans (Coloradans? Coloradons? I dunno...) is a mountain who's peak reaches 14,000 feet or higher. Pikes Peak hits 14,110 feet) the one on the right is Emily and I in front of a plaque that says Garden of the Gods was donated to the City of Colorado Springs.
Then, Friday night, Em and I went to the Colorado College hockey game against Bemidji State (which is in Minnesota). It was a really fun game and CC won 3-1, so that was exciting as well. Someone thought I was Em's mom, though, so that wasn't so fun... do I look like I'm thirty? Or old enough to be a 12 year old's mom?? I hope not... Anyways, it was fun. We got super cheap tickets, waaaaaay up high in the back, but then moved down to the front row of the upper section after the first period.
That night we watched some movies (Footloose and Dirty Dancing, my former (tear) roommates know how much I love dance movies!).
The next day we had a lazy morning and then drove to Breckenridge! The drive took at least an hour longer because we kept having to make random stops (photos, shopping, snacks, potty, etc.) but I love that drive, its so scenic. So, we got there, checked into our sweet condo and then went shopping! We had a great shopping day, everyone bought something and the town in Breck is super cute and quaint and has just great stuff there. Below is a pic of us showing off our purchases (and notice the shopping bags in the background).

My mom is wearing one of the mitten/glove thingys that I got (you know, the ones where the mitten part flips back so you can use your fingers), Joanie is modeling her new scarf, Em is wearing her new hoodie and showing off the stuffed animal she got for her friend, I'm wearing a hat I bought and Lisa is displaying her new bag.
The next day we did some more shopping and walking around and then it was time for the CA crew to go home! It was a quick weekend, but really fun and I'm really glad we all got he chance to get together!
Ps. sorry there was a lack of food discussion here, funny since we ate a *lot*, but maybe tomorrow :)
Pps. I couldn't leave this pic out...
No comments:
Post a Comment