
Ok, so unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard about the Hunger Games trilogy. I'd heard about it from a few people (my neighbors, my friend Devon, etc.), but hadn't picked it up because I had (and have) a stack of literally 12 books next to my nightstand to read. You see, I have this small problem of buying lots of books (and with the recent sales in Border's, who could resist walking out with less than 5 books?? Certainly not me.) and then getting distracted by other books... maybe I'm a little ADD... Anyways, my mom got one of the books and read it and told me that I NEED to read it. So, being the good little girl that I am, I did. And OH MY GOD, it was so good! I finished the first one in about 5 hours, and immediately bought the second and third books and proceeded to finish those over the next two days. I staked out a spot on my couch and spent the majority of three days there just reading.
So, I guess since I titled this as a book review, I should say something review-y like. Alright, here goes. The Hunger Games is set in a post-apolocalytpic world where the city called the Capitol rules twelve districts that collectively make up the civilization known as Panem. Katniss Everdeen is a 16 year old girl from District Twelve, the poorest district that mines coal. When her younger sister, Prim, is chosen to participate in the Hunger Games, Katniss volunteers to take her place to save her. The Hunger Games are a form of control exercised by the all-powerful Capitol and involve taking a boy and a girl between age 12 and 18 from each of the twelve districts and putting them in an arena where they fight and kill each other until only one is left alive. Katniss enters the Hunger Games with Peeta, the boy from her district and as they fight through the arena, she learns a lot about herself, the Capitol, Panem and humanity.
That's just the first book, but I feel like I can't really review all of them without giving pretty much everything away. Thus, you should read it. them. all of them. Like right now. Kthanks. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment